In the event your home suffers a water loss, there are steps to take to help minimize the damage and ensure your safety before the professional’s at ServiceMaster Restore® arrive.
What To Do
- Contact a doctor if you have any health concerns
- Be cautious of slip hazards
- Eliminate the source of water if possible
- Turn off circuit breakers if safe to do so
- Remove and secure breakables
- Remove and secure small furniture if possible
- Protect carpet from staining using foil beneath furniture legs
- Remove books, shoes, paper goods, fabrics, potted plants and other items that may stain the carpet or be damaged by water
- Hang draperies and pin up furniture skirts
What Not To Do
- Use personal hygiene items left in the affected area, especially if the water was from an unsanitary source
- Consume any food in the loss area, especially if water was from an unsanitary source
- Use home fans to dry wet surfaces
- Use vacuum equipment to remove water
- Use newspaper on wet surfaces
- Activate the building HVAC system
- Adjust indoor temperatures
- Enter an area with standing water
- Walk across wet surfaces any more than necessary
Want to Know More?
When the unforeseen happens, call on ServiceMaster Restore®. Our emergency call center is prepared to handle your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Call us now at (301) 972-9100.